Laser Hair Removal
Shaving and waxing can be a hassle, not to mention painful. If you are a patient looking to rid yourself of unwanted hair, Xbody Health & Wellness has the perfect solution for you in the form of the newest laser hair removal machine from Lumenis, The LightSheer Desire.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
The laser works to remove unwanted hair by producing a beam of highly concentrated light that is scanned across an area of the body. The pigment within the hair follicles of that area absorb the light emitted by the laser. The laser pulses for a fraction of a second, just long enough to vaporize the pigment, disabling several follicles at a time to reduce or significantly impede the hair re-growth. Hair grows in cycles, and in any given area on the body you may have various hairs all at different phases of the cycle. With laser hair removal, only the hair follicles that are in the active growth phase will be most affected.
After the laser hair removal treatment, the remaining hair may be patchy, since some hairs are more resilient than others. The results from a laser hair removal treatment may vary from one individual to another, based on factors such as hormonal hair growth patterns, hair type, color of hair, ethnic background and the specific area being treated.
How Many Treatments Does it Take to Remove Unwanted Hair?
A minimum of 6 treatments is recommended, typically spaced between 5-8 weeks.
What Areas Do We Treat?
SMALL: LIP, CHIN, SIDEBURNS, FINGERS, TOES, HAPPY TRAIL
MEDIUM: LIP W/ CHIN, BIKINI LINE, UNDERARMS, ½ ARMS, NECK
LARGE: HALF LEGS, FULL ARMS, SHOULDERS, ½ BACK, STOMACH
EXTRA LARGE: FULL LEGS, FULL BACK
Please ask us about Full Body Laser Hair Removal!
About the LightSheer DESIRE Machine
The LightSheer DESIRE Machine is built with advanced technology:
- The LightSheer DESIRE uses a diode laser, which has a wavelength of 805 nm for absorption by the hair follicle
- 2 hand pieces to treat different size areas: The large hand piece has a high speed vacuum and the small hand piece has a ChillTip containing a convex sapphire lens which actively cools the skin before and during treatment. Both hand pieces allow the patient to experience a reduced amount of pain making treatment comfortable.
- The LightSheer DESIRE treats a wide range of skin types. Patients see 80-95% hair reduction, making this machine the “Gold Standard” in laser hair removal technology.
Before Your Treatment
- Please shave 24 hours prior to treatment; this ensures optimal results, we will be unable to do treatment if the area is unshaved.
- Sun tanning should be avoided 6-weeks prior to treatment
- If treating underarms, do not apply deodorant.
- No waxing, tweezing, threading, nair, electrolysis, bleaching of the hair. If any of these treatments were done, you must wait 5 weeks to do laser hair removal.