What is Peptide Therapy?
Peptides are made from amino acids that are linked together. They can be thought of as a small protein. They have many functions in the body including signaling and messaging. Some may act like neurotransmitters, while others may act like hormones. They bind to receptors on the cell surface and tell other culls and molecules what to do. Peptides are very specific which makes them safe, well-tolerated, and more importantly, allow them to control and influence how our bodies react to physical exercise and diet. As of January 2015, there were over 60 US FDA-approved peptide medications, 140 peptide drugs being evaluated in clinical trials, and 500'ln pre-clinical development.
As we age, the production of essential amino acids and peptides decreases. As a result, our bodies begin to show signs of aging and cease to perform at an optimal level. Most peptide medications are administered subcutaneously but can also come in the form of transdermal creams, nasal sprays, and oral tablets.
Benefits of Peptide Therapy:
- Can increases development of lean muscle growth through the development of new muscle cells
- Can improve workouts, stamina, and recovery
- Can promote your body's natural ability to process fat
- Can reduce body fat through lipolysis
- Can increase levels of energy, strength, and endurance
- Can increase and help maintain muscle mass and definition
- Can accelerate healing from wounds or surgery
- Can strengthen the immune system
- Can improve regulation of other hormones
- Can increase natural HGfl (growth hormone) and IGF-1 production
- Can boost healthy levels of growth hormone
- Can increase libido and sexual arousal in both men and women
- Can increase levels of concentration and memory retention
BPC 157, composed of 15 amino acids, is a partial sequence of body protection compound (BPC) that is discovered in and isolation from human gastric juice.
Experimentally, it has been demonstrated to accelerate the healing of many different wounds, including tendons, muscles, nervous system, and superior healing of damaged ligaments.
Those who suffer from discomfort due to muscle sprains, tears, and damage may benefit from treatment with this peptide. It can also help aid skin burns to heal at a faster rate and increase blood flow to damaged tissues.
Benefits of BPC 157:
- Accelerated wound healing
- Has been shown to decrease pain in damaged areas
- BPC 157 increases growth hormone receptors
- Promotes the outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts, cell survival under stress, and the migration of tendon fibroblasts
- Improves digestive function
- Protects and heals inflamed intestinal epithelium (leaky gut)
- It has also shown to help Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Protects liver from toxic insults (alcohol, antibiotics, etc) and promotes healing
CJC-I295 is a synthetic GHRH (growth hormone-releasing hormone) analogue made up of 30 amino acids. lt has been found to be highly effective with regards to the increase of growth hormone secretion and IGF-1 without negatively affecting the pulsatility of GH secretion. CJC-1295 is often combined with ipamorelin due to its enhanced specificity as a GHRH. This peptide generates similar increases in growth hormone secretion, but without the appetite stimulation and increase in cortisol, acetylcholine, prolactin, and aldosterone seen with other peptides in its class. This peptide has been found to be very well-tolerated and perfect when combined with CJC-1295.
Benefits of CJC-I295:
- CJC-1295 increases growth hormone secretion and IGF-1 Levels with no increase in prolactin
- lncrease Body Weight and Length through increased protein synthesis
- lncreased Muscle Growth
- lncrease Fat Loss
- lncreased Cellular Repair and Regeneration
- Promotes slow-wave deep sleep which is responsible for the highest level of muscle growth and memory retention and rejuvenation
Two types of CJC 1295:
GHRH (growth hormone-releasing hormone) is produced in the hypothalamus. lts pulsatile release from the hypothalamus triggers a pulsatile release of GH from the pituitary gland. GHRH has a very shoft half-life of only a few minutes (half-life = the time required to remove half of the substance from the blood. The shorter the half-life, the more rapidly the substance is removed from the body, and the less its effect on the gody). The first 29 amino acids of GHRH is the active segment. They are available as a manufactured peptide called Sermorelin. Sermorelin was further modified to increase its half-life to 30 minutes. This is called CJC 1295. CJC-1295 was further modified by adding DAC (Drug Affinity Complex) to it. DAC binds to a blood protein called albumin, which increases it's half-life to 8 days. lt is called CJC 1295 + DAC. CJC 1295 can also be compounded in a non-DAC form which mimics a more normal physiologic GH spike each night.
The longer half-life from the DAC binding to albumin means injections are only required once or twice per week. However, the long half-life and relatively constant blood level provide a constant stimulus for GH release from the pituitary through the GHRH receptor, which is not physiological. This can decrease the GH pulse amplitude which will result in decreased GH tissue stimulation.
Sermorelin is a biological active analog of growth hormone-releasing factor (GRF 1-44) which is a Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) that is naturally produced by the human brain to stimulate the production and secretion of human growth hormone (HGH) by the pituitary gland. Sermorelin is not a growth hormone, it is a growth hormone secretagogue, which means that it stimulates the pituitary gland by binding to specific receptors to increase the production and secretion of HGH. As a youth, ample amounts of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) are produced so that the pituitary gland is able to provide the body with sufficient growth hormone to sustain health, vitality, and otherwise normal aspects of the human form and function. While aging, GHRH declines causing reduced production and secretion of pituitary HGH and thereby increasing growth hormone insufficiencies that erode health, stamina, and vitality during later life.
This therapy consists of daily injections of Sermorelin acetate which stimulates the pituitary gland to produce an increased natural secretion of human growth hormone. Since Sermorelin acetate is approved as safe for use in children to increase their production of growth hormone. It is considered safe for use in increasing the natural production of growth hormone in adults deficient in growth hormone. Each person's individual needs are used to determine dosing.
Benefits of Sermorelin:
- Increases energy, vitality, strength and endurance
- Increases lean body mass by developing muscle cells
- Breaks down body fat and fatty acids
- Improves heart function
- Increases calcium retention which strengthens and increases bone density
- Enhances the immune system and accelerates healing from wounds or surgery
- Promotes non-REM slow wave sleep
- Increases protein synthesis and stimulates the growth of all internal organs except the brain
- Reduces liver uptake of glucose, an effect that opposes that of insulin
- Promotes liver glycogenesis
- Plays a role in fuel homeostasis
- Contributes to the maintenance and function of pancreatic islets
Ipamorelin is one of the latest and greatest peptide in the growth factor family. Deemed one of the safest GHRP's. Ipamorelin is a selective growth hormone (GH) Secretagogue and Ghrelin receptor agonist. Ipamorelin is a 3rd generation GHRP, regarded as the cleanest of GHRP's. Ipamorelin stands out due to its enhanced specificity. This peptide generates a similar increase in growth hormone secretion, but without the appetite stimulation and increase in cortisol, acetylcholine, prolactin, and aldosterone seen in other peptides in its class. This peptide has been found to be well-tolerated. The strength is compatible with GHRP-6.
Gland Stimulated: Pituitary Gland
Benefits of Ipamorelin:
- Decreased body fat
- lncreased collagen production
- lncreased lean muscle mass
- lmproved sleep
- lncreased cellular repair and & Regeneration
- lncreased IGF-1
- lncreases bone mineral content
- Counteracts glucocorticoid catabolic effects
- Less appetite stimulation than GHRP-6
- Less release of cortisol, prolactin and aldosterone